Wednesday, February 09, 2005


 

My foray into the Apple world

I'm in San Francisco attending Windows Anywhere. Apple has a store just around the corner from my hotel, so I decided to visit. After reading about Robert Scoble's Apple store visits, I knew I would be in for a treat.

The place was packed! There were young and old inside. Almost every computer was being used, and people were waiting in line just to try a Powerbook out. Lots of folks trying out the Shuffle and iPod. I've never seen so many people in a computer store as I have in this one.

I talked to the security guard and asked him if it was always like this. He replied "Always ". The excitement level I sensed in that store can't be described.




Comments:
Thanks for the heads up on my spelling. Edited accordingly :-)

I did try out several models: Powerbook G4 (12" and 17"), Mac Mini, the Shuffle.

Very impressed. I loved the navigation and quickly everything loaded. If they came out with a tablet, I'd certainly buy one. I'm seriously considering getting a Mac Mini to learn more about them - can't justify the $1500 investment just yet in the Powerbooks, although its' very tempting.

I wouldn't be a "switcher", just own both systems.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Powered by Blogger