Saturday, May 28, 2005


 

Joseph at GeekyInfo considered a Tablet PC - too expensive

Joseph was replacing his Sony Vaio and seriously considered a Tecra M4 Tablet PC. In the end, though, it was too much money. Take a read:

As readers of this blog would know, I am quite keen on the tablet pc platform. After seeing Cameron Reilly’s tablet I was keen to investigate whether I could get a good tablet pc for my new notebook. I thought that as I attend many meetings, the tablet pc might be good for note-taking etc, as long as it operated as a normal notebook as well. That eliminated a pure slate tablet but there were a few good options in terms of ones that could be use either way.

As I looked at the tablet’s available in Australia, I discovered that essentially you pay an extra 1000 dollars for a lower spec’d machine. Again, as this is my primary computer I couldn’t justify it. The only tablet that I would have considered to have the specifications that would have been sufficient would have been the ‘eric mack’ tablet in the Toshiba M4. But the price is just too prohibitive at the moment.

I did briefly consider purchasing a desktop for the office and a cheaper (maybe refurbished) tablet for ‘on the go’ use. But, my experience in simplifying my computers, as mentioned previously, has been too good.

So, I reluctantly decided not to move to the tablet platform this time.


So, we now have the Scoble phone and the Eric Mack tablet.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Powered by Blogger