Wednesday, July 13, 2005
Beta testing with Plan Plus for Windows XP
I just got an invitation to beta test PlanPlus for Windows XP. I havn’t accepted yet, but here are some high level features coming out. I’d assume these will come out in GoBinder 2006 as well since they are basically the same product.
These look like great enhancements, especially category support and flag support.
- Categories – Assign categories to Task, Appointments and Contacts. Filter by assigned categories.
- Reoccurring Task - support for reoccurring Daily Task.
- Enhanced Note Feature – Taking Notes has now been taken to the next level. Add objects, Flags, Drawings to your notes.
- Expanded Import/Export capabilities – Import data from various types of files including CSV, VCF or TXT.
- Added interface flexibility – Customize your workspace to the way you work, with drag & drop you can view the combination of modules which are most important to you.
- New Palm Applications – View Mission/Values, Goals, Weekly Compass and Role builder on your Palm device.
It would take some serious convincing to ever buy a PlanPlus product again.
I learned during the Windows Anywhere conference (from talking with the Agilix developers) that the PlanPlus for Outlook code was inherited when they got the FranklinCovey contract.
I can also attest that I've never been able to get PlanPlus for Outlook going. It has always been buggy and unreliable - for me and my customers.
PlanPlus for Windows XP is a completely different story, though.
Links to this post: