Wednesday, July 06, 2005


 

Omar's next computer: a laptop instead of his tablet

Looks like Omar’s next computer will be a regular laptop instead of a tablet pc. Omar is a Microsoft Lead Program Manager on Virtual PC for the Mac, working in the Macintosh Business Unit.

I actually don't care much for the extra overhead of all the processes that come with my toshiba m200 tablet. I figure you pay at least a 256 MB memory stick in overhead. But my biggest problem is that the screens on these things are blurry, dim, and not very sexy when compared to a widescreen 4lb laptop with a DVD drive and an XBrite Screen. My next laptop is going to be a laptop. I've gone so far as to disable tabtip.exe from starting up on my machine. When I click the button near the start menu it comes up anyway.


Comments:
Well yeah the M200 screen is blurry and dark, but what about all the tablets coming out with boe hydis screens,

Motion and Fujitsu, maybe Electrovaya

Even IBM has a pretty screen on their tablet.
 
Well I'll tell him the same thing I'm posting here. I have an Electrovaya SC-2000 and a Toshiba Satellite P35 (17" widescreen P4 3.2 ghz).

The Toshiba is awesome for development, but it's not very mobile. I'm considering trading in both the Scribbler and the Satellite for a Toshiba M205. Actually, maybe I should talk with him.......
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Powered by Blogger