Thursday, October 06, 2005


 

Gateway documentation issues

I’m reviewing this Gateway M280. As I indicated in my previous post, its’ a very nice machine.

I ran into an interesting issue tonight. Gateway has their user manual and recovery manual formatted as a PDF. The problem is that Acrobat Reader does not come preinstalled on the system in order to read the files. not only does it not come pre-installed, it doesn’t prompt you to install it when you launch the PDF’s. I only get an option to locate the program or web service to open file.

Now – I can get acrobat loaded on the computer even if I’m not on-line – but the typical user who is having connectivity issues won’t be able to read the manual for help solving the connectivity issues because they can’t get on-line to download the program needed to read the documentation.

Bad move, Gateway.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Powered by Blogger