Wednesday, November 30, 2005


 

A unique testing opportunity - 4 tablet PCs side by side!

I have a unique opportunity to test 4 convertible Tablet PCs side by side for the next couple of weeks

1) Toshiba M200 2.0 ghz, 1gb ram, 60 gb hd

2) HP TC1100 1.2 ghz, 1 gb ram, 60gb hd

3) Lenovo X41 1.5ghz, 1 gb ram, 60 gb hd

4) Gateway M280, 2.13 ghz, 1gb ram, 80gb hd

I won’t be comparing them for speed, but for portability, battery, touchpad / track stick, typing, screen, pen on screen feel, flushness of the screen to the casing, etc. Basically – usability testing for the mobile professional.

Why bring the HP in the mix since it is being discontinued? I consider it the standard in portability, and I’m curious as to how the others stack up. Plus, I know I can sell it quickly and I got it for a very good price – brand new.

Why the comparisons? I continue to have customers who are interested in tablet pcs, and they would like to see them all lined up, play with them, etc, and I get to be the beneficiary. When I’m all done, I’ll have one to two tablets for sale.

I’ll post my results as I work through the testing.


Comments:
This should prove to be interesting. I've tested all but the Gateway and have my own opinions. I wish you could toss the TC4200 in there as well as it is still my favorite compromise convertible. I still like the TC 1100 best too.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Powered by Blogger