Thursday, December 15, 2005


 

Learning to write

My wife purchased a most wonderful present for me for our 15th wedding anniversary – a two year apprenticeship with the Christian Writers Guild. I am really looking forward to this.

It is basically a two year program that takes someone who is interested in writing (novels, non-fiction, poetry, articles, etc), pairs them up with a mentor, and teaches them how to write. Then there is another level – the journeyman course – that helps that person finetune their skills. The Journeyman level is a one year course.

I’ve been writing on and off for 20 years – dumping my personal thoughts to paper in various forms – poetry, journaling, essay’s, etc. I’m very excited about seeing this hobby of mine grow to a new level.

For right now, I’m mainly interested in helping my daughter, Maggie, write her book. We want to do it together. Should be a lot of fun.


Comments:
And how is Maggie doing these days?
 
Maggie doing really, really well. 2 months out from her latest brain surgery and no sign of any seizures.

She is busy with occupational therapy and speech therapy. It really does feel like we have entered a new phase.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Powered by Blogger