Tuesday, January 24, 2006


 

My next gadget - the Docupen RC800

Well, I’m starting to save my money for my latest gadget – the Docupen RC800. It is a pen based scanner that will scan up to 400dpi, a full page at a time. I’ve tried using my camera phone as to take care of portable scanning issues, but the clarity just isn’t there. I still run into a lot of paper situations even though I use a tablet pc, and my goal is to touch the paper one time and store it directly into OneNote for indexing. I love how the device can charge itself using the USB of my tablet. After I get it and use it for a while, I’ll post a review.

Cost: $299. Some more specs:

Pen Size
8.9" X 0.5" X 0.5" -200mm x 20mm x 227mm
Weight
2 oz. (56 grams)
Scan Width
8” (205 mm)
Resolution
100-400 dpi
Memory
8 MB Flash Memory
Upgradeable with optional MicroSD memory cards to 128MB, 256MB
Batteries
Lithium Ion: Rechargeable Battery through USB cable
Battery Life
Virtually Perpetually Charged and ample to scan and fill 8 MB Flash memory
Charge Time
50 minutes to full charge
Scan Speed
4-8 seconds per page
Interface
Twain
Connectivity
USB 1.1 and 2.0 through integrated USB connector cable
Scan Mode

24 Bit, 12 Bit Color, Greyscale, Monochrome

 

 

 


Comments:
Looking forward to this review. I found a link to a video of it being used here: http://www.planon.com/videos/SCANNING_300.wmv

I carry a Travelscan 464 with me now to scan documents and receipts (via NeatReciepts) in the field. It's nice, but of course this would be much smaller and easier to caryy. Plus, it would compliment my new Fujitsu P1510D!
 
I think this pen is brilliant!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Powered by Blogger